Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Relentless and Restless

Big Box Zombie, Nathan Fox, Best Buy, Bloomberg Businessweek
Detail of Big Box Zombie by Nathan Fox, illustration for Bloomberg Businessweek (Oct 18, 2012)

Some days leave you feeling like a shambling ruin, one of the walking dead, too tired to do anything but slump over a meal and look at anything on television. It can be a grind.

For me, this is one of those days. Fortunately, I had some interesting videos to get my brain back into functionality, and the pizza was a help too. Yum!!!

My life has been consistently bad this year, with only a few upsides. Yet, I have somehow been able to keep up a daily stream of blog posts. I really don't know how I set aside some time to write these things, but it's kind of cool that I do. Yeah, almost nobody reads my stuff, but that's alright. I take pleasure in composing these little works, from attempting to structure eloquent prose, to searching out a photo that best captures the mood of the text, and then selecting some fun videos to wrap things up.

Eh, I don't know if I'm doing a good job at it, but practice makes perfect. I'll keep on going until I finally fall apart, a moldering mess at the keyboard. ;-)


Well, that's enough thought on Babylon and its unrighteous ways. To celebrate the birth date of Bob Marley, let's set our mind on strengthening subjects.

"Jamming"

"One Love"

"Sun Is Shining" - Funkstar De Luxe remix

"Get Up, Stand Up"


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment