Sunday, February 24, 2013

Rededicated to the Arts

Hush, artist, shadows, corey helford gallery, flying west for the winter
Shadows by Hush at the Corey Helford Gallery's exhibit Flying West for the Winter

In the old days, I used to feature at least one gallery review per week. It wasn't a scheduled feature, but was just an integral part of this blog. Well, I've been slacking off for far too long. It's time to bring back the art as a regular part of Paideia.

The reason that I stopped doing the gallery posts was because I wasn't getting to visit them as frequently. My working situation changed, making a quick lunchtime stop at Culver City or Bergamot Station less convenient. And you can't write a proper review without seeing the works in person; looking at the images on a website isn't the same.

Fortunately, over the past few days, I've been able to check out quite a few galleries. There is a whole lot of excellent work out there about which I would love to write.

linda hesh, lois lambert gallery, red delicious, in the garden
Red Delicious by Linda Hesh at the Lois Lambert Gallery

So, here are a few works that caught my attention this weekend. But there were so many more. Hopefully, I'll be able to write up a few posts for you all over the next few weeks.

We'll see. ;-)

Okay Mountain, School Night, Mark Moore Gallery, Long Plays
School Night by Okay Mountain at the Mark Moore Gallery

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment