Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Prickly

Huntington Botanic Gardens, Cacti, Succulents, Desert Garden
The Desert Garden at the Huntington, with more than 5000 species of desert flora in 10 acres

Here are a couple more photos from my trip to the Huntington.

I'm not big on desert flora. Having a slight case of trypanophobia, I try to stay well away from needles and other such spiky, piercing objects. The shapes and colors of these desert plants are certainly interesting, well worth viewing, but it's a tense experience for me. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I overcame the phobia long enough to appreciate a part of the garden that I rarely visit.

And the desert flora is easy to compose into interesting photos.

Huntington Botanic Gardens, Desert Garden, Cacti, Succulents
More cacti and diverse succulents

As long as there are nice and wide garden paths, these weird prickly plants make for good viewing, but you will not find me scampering among their piercing presence in a wild terrain any time soon. The lily ponds and camellias were welcome sights afterwards. ;-)


Well, let's check out a few random vids:

"Cactus" by the Pixies

"Cactus Tree" by Joni Mitchell

"Desert Rose" by Sting with Cheb Mami


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment