Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lost Bikini

Lost Bikini cocktail white rum, amaretto, Galliano, lime juice, mandarin juice
Lost Bikini cocktail

I'm the type of person who takes comfort in gustatory pleasures, rich meals and smooth beverages. This is especially true for those periods in my life when things have me down. Now, it is really very extremely bad to let my Epicurian delights get the better of me. So, I impose limitations, projects, and other mental diversions to reduce intake through arbitrary procedures.

Yeah, that sounds silly, but it works for me. Therefore, since grief might drive me to excessive imbibing, I'm making a point of savoring a single drink per day. Moreover, I'm limiting it to rum drinks for February. That's because rum is very filling and reminds me of happy, warmer days.

Moreover, various rum cocktails are so pretty and of delightful coloration, from the dirty green of a Crocodile to the deep azure of the Blue Hawaiian to the Psycho's lurid crimson. And they taste absolutely delicious!!! ;-)

Well, we'll see how it turns out.


And here are a few vids:

"Just One Beer" by Rodney Carrington

"Rum and Coca-Cola" by the Andrews Sisters

Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment