Saturday, February 2, 2013

Champagne Coupe, Garnished with a Boop

Betty Boop, Champagne Glass, Cesar Santander, Skidmore Contemporary
Detail of Betty in a Glass (2012) by Cesar Santander

You all know that we love Betty Boop here at Paideia. So, when I saw this painting by Cesar Santander at Skidmore Contemporary Art, I was thrilled. If only I were a wealthy man. . . ;-)

Well, I'm a bit short on time at the moment, but I figured that this image would make for a fun way to celebrate our Silly Saturday post. If time permits, I'll try to write up a post on Skidmore's current exhibition, Route 66, which is full of the mid-century imagery that I love so very much. Yeah, I can get a bit nostalgic from time to time.

Anyways, here's some music.


"Route 66" performed by Nat King Cole

"Twilight Time" performed by The Platters

"Corcovado" performed by Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment