Saturday, February 9, 2013

Become a Habit

tree silhouette, afternoon light, reflection of a tree in car window
Shadows and reflections upon the surface of a car, gilded illusions of the day's final hour

A Fixed Idea


What torture lurks within a single thought 
When grown too constant, and however kind, 
However welcome still, the weary mind 
Aches with its presence. Dull remembrance taught 
Remembers on unceasingly; unsought 
The old delight is with us but to find 
That all recurring joy is pain refined, 
Become a habit, and we struggle, caught. 
You lie upon my heart as on a nest, 
Folded in peace, for you can never know 
How crushed I am with having you at rest 
Heavy upon my life. I love you so 
You bind my freedom from its rightful quest. 
In mercy lift your drooping wings and go.



three trees, afternoon light
Three trees illuminated in the late afternoon light

Well, I was in the mood for more poetry. ;-)

I really haven't very much to share today. But, since it is Amy Lowell's birth date, we can appreciate her lovely poetry and call it a day.


Here are some vids:

"From One Who Stays"

"In a Garden"

"Petals"


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment