Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Might Get Some Sleep Tonight

Dancing Acid Bears

I was never a Deadhead, but I have many friends who were. Yeah, it was in the late '80s and early '90s. That's a latecomer status by Dead standards, but it's still when Jerry Garcia was around. I got to hear the "real thing" live.

Although the Grateful Dead didn't play in my favorite style, I'd have to be an idiot to not appreciate their artistry and originality. There's no doubt that their influence on the psychedelic sound and folk rock was profound. And the atmosphere of their concerts and fandom was unlike anything else, so welcoming and easy-going, yet so passionate and tightly communal.

Since today marks Jerry Garcia's birth date, in 1942, I figured that we could chill out to some classic Dead tunes. Keeping up the good vibes. ;-)

Skull and Roses (1971)

And since the clocks are running late. . .

Let's listen to some music:

"Ship of Fools"

"Ripple"

"Touch of Grey"

"Friend of the Devil"

"Terrapin Station"


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment