Thursday, August 2, 2012

Conveying Similarities of Sound

Public Telephone, with LJ reflected upon the mirrored surface

Recently, while talking with a friend, I came across a public telephone. My friend expressed her surprise at finding such a technological relic. I disagreed with her.

Public telephones are not as common as they once were, but it isn't that tough to come across one in the course of a normal day. The easiest places to find them are at government or civic institutions, such as libraries or museums.

Since that discussion, I've been very aware of payphones. It's almost become a "treasure hunt" activity. ;-)

And they bring back memories of my youth. . .

And here are some vids:

"Hanging on the Telephone" by Blondie

"Call Me Mr. Telephone" by Cheyne

"Operator" by Midnight Star

"The Telephone Call" by Kraftwerk

"Payphone" by Maroon 5


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment