Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sights to Delight

Sculpture of a Feathered Serpent from the Mayan civilization at Chichen Itza, AD 850-1100, on view in LACMA's "Children of the Plumed Serpent" exhibit.

I have been fortunate over the past few weeks in being able to visit various art venues, museums and galleries. Although I plan on writing about a few of them individually, I figured that sharing a few images would make for a fun post.

So, I have recently gone viewing in four of the city's cultural centers: the Miracle Mile, Culver City, Bergamot Station, and Long Beach. It's been a great start to the Summer.

Midnight Ride (2006) by Deborah Kupinsky, on view at the Long Beach Museum of Art

Lots on interesting works on display. I'm especially happy to have visited some venues down in Long Beach, an area that I enjoy but rarely visit.

But Culver City is my main haunt. I adore the galleries along the La Cienega-Washington nexus. From "Low Brow" to "High Concept", there is a wonderful diversity of styles and tastes.

A reflection of LJ within Black Citadel (2012) by Michael Wilkinson, a large square wall built of Legos, on exhibit at Blum & Poe's show "Michael Wilkinson: No History

And here are a few more images:

Detail of Flying With Crows (2012) by Annie Owens, on view at CoproGallery's show "Annie Owens: Motherland"

Detail of Fall of the King II (2003) by Walter Goldfarb, on view at the Museum of Latin American Art

And here's a vid:

"Children of the Plumed Serpent" at LACMA


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment