Friday, June 15, 2012

Give 'Em The Bird

Detail of Cousin Reginald Catches the Thanksgiving Turkey (1917) by Norman Rockwell

According to folk tradition, on June 14 in 1789, Rev. Elijah Craig of Bourbon County, Kentucky, distilled whiskey from maize. This is noted as the first creation of American Bourbon whiskey, named after the location. Now, this story is certainly untrue, but it has a nice folksy feel to it.

In the early days of this blog, I used to share some of my favorite or most hated advertisements or marketing campaigns with you all. Once a week, I'd feature some commercials or photos. It was a lot of fun. Well, I last looked at some ads about three months ago, which means that we're really overdue for another.

So, in honor of the legendary cleverness of Rev. Craig, let's give him the bird!!!

Logo for Wild Turkey Kentucky Bourbon

Naturally, I'm talking about that symbol of American spirit, the Wild Turkey. ;-)


And here is one of the weaker ad campaigns that I've seen in a while. Perhaps the folks behind the concept were heavily sampling their product. ;-)

Give 'em the Bird

It'll Be Fine

For a Second There, I Thought You Were Gonna


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment