Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What, Me Worry?

Busy in Redondo Beach. Yeah, that's Alfred E. Neuman overlooking the street.

So, I was driving down Artesia Blvd. in Redondo Beach. Sitting at a stop light by the South Bay Galleria, I notice high over the street an image of the Mad Magazine mascot, Alfred E. Neuman, on a sign that read "Simpin!"

I have no clue as to what it means. Nevertheless, I was charmed by the absurdity of the image and its unusual placement. It might be some type of local publicity campaign, maybe for a band or performer. I wonder why anyone would want to associate themselves with ol' Alfred.

In any case, I'll keep my eyes open for other images like this to share with you all.

A close-up view of the "Simpin!" sign with Alfred E. Neuman.

And while were on the topic of Mad Magazine. . .

Here are a few vids:

A brief look at some magazine covers

A clip from a "History of Mad Magazine"

And "What, Me Worry?" by St. Vincent ;-)


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment