Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Been a Long, Long Time

Image from the Corey Helford Gallery's exhibit of "Legend of the Pink Cherry" featuring works by Buff Monster, which runs until May 5

It's been nearly three months since last I wrote about the gallery scene over in Culver City. Why the long neglect? I just haven't been able to spend quality time checking out the shows, especially not to an extent that would enable me to coherently review them.

Well, I was passing near the art district, not intending to stop and see things, but a strong passion to visit the galleries overcame me, even if only for a brief glimpse. And so I did.

Ideally, I would write up a bunch of reviews detailing why I appreciate each exhibit, providing context and commentary, linking to a vid to showcase the artist's body of work. Sadly, I was only able to get a few quick visits along Washington Boulevard sqeezed into my limited viewing time. But it was all good.

Detail of (A) Murder of Crows 8 by Stephanie Inagaki, part of Skotia Gallery's group show "Veneris XII" which runs until May 5

I figured that, while I may not have either the time or ability to write up proper reviews, at least I can share some photos with you. ;-)

A gallery view of Shay Bredimus' "Kotomi" at Koplin Del Rio, exhibiting until May 12.

Awesome work!

Hopefully, I'll get some quality time to put together a review of some of these shows in the upcoming week. I'd like to get back to Culver City this weekend, maybe to see some of the fine galleries on La Cienega, but time always slips away. We'll see how it goes.

Tobias Keene's "Black is the Beauty of the Brightest Day" on exhibit at LeBasse Projects until May 12.

BTW, you may recall that I try to randomize my music selections when driving around the city. By strange coincidence, these were the songs that were playing as I arrived at the Culver City art district and as I left.

"Sentimental Journey" by Doris Day

"It's Been a Long, Long Time" by Kitty Kallen


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment