Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mirth on the Bough

Donald Duck deals with anger management issues in Self Control (1938)

It seems like there is a Bird celebration every few months. For instance, today is National Bird Day. Well, I see nothing wrong with considering the wonders of our feathered friends, appreciating their songs, colors, and grace in flight.

Last year, I didn't do much birdwatching. Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity sometime this year. I live fairly close to the Madrona Marsh, which is an awesome place to spot some cool critters.

Detail from the cover art of Howard the Duck #7 (1980) by John Pound

Maybe next year I'll have photos of actual birds, rather than cartoon ducks. ;-)

Let's look at a few vids:

Woody Woodpecker in "Barber of Seville" (1944)

Daffy Duck in "To Duck or Not to Duck" (1943)

Angry Birds in "Wreck the Halls" (2011)

Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds (1963)


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment