Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dance Party: January

Image from Incubus' video for "Anna Molly"

It's been a while since we last celebrated with a selection of songs from over the last four decades. Well, we're starting the year off strong with lots of fun music. ;-)

I've pushed back the start date of our tour of yesterday's songs to 1967. In terms of popular music, that's where my familiarity starts to kick in. Yeah, that's definitely before my time, but I know this music fairly well because it was where my parent's album collection more or less started.

For me, the music of the '70s have realtime memories associated with them, albeit distant and dim, but the music of the late '60s don't have a strong connection, in my mind, between song and society. Nevertheless, I figured it would be fun to expand the range of our monthly festivity.

Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way" became a Disco classic.

Let's get this party started!!!


1967: "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees

1972: "Family Affair" by Sly & the Family Stone

1977: "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston

1982: "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John

1987: "Come Go With Me" by Expose

1992: "Mysterious Ways" by U2

1997: "Blue Skies" by BT featuring Tori Amos

2002: "In the End" by Linkin Park

2007: "Anna Molly" by Incubus


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment