Sunday, January 29, 2012

Beavis and Butt-Head Are Not Role Models

Beavis and Butt-Head in Kevin Kirkpatrick's Dill Hole on view at CoproGallery

Don't try this at home. ;-)

I don't normally visit CoproGallery. It's a mighty cool place, but the exhibits generally aren't my thing. So, when visiting Bergamot Station, it's toward the bottom of my "must visit" list. Normally, I run out of energy before getting to it.

While strolling around Bergamot this week, I happened to wander over and decided to have a viewing. There were plenty of fun hardcore "lowbrow" works on display, but my attention was immediately caught by this sculpture of Beavis and Butt-Head by Kevin Kirkpatrick. It takes the express train down into the Uncanny Valley!!!

You almost expect to hear "Fire! Fire!" or "Uhhhh. . . this sucks! Huh huh huh."

Here's a vid.

Beavis and Butt-Head: Twilight


Uhhhh. . . enjoy! Huh huh huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment