Friday, December 16, 2011

Music Is a Higher Revelation

The bust of Ludwig van Beethoven inspires Schroeder's music. Lucy is unimpressed.

"What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself. There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven."

Well, nobody can state the situation quite like Ludwig van Beethoven. ;-)

I've cut back on the classical music posts recently, since it seems very few people read them. However, I can't pass up on Beethoven's birth date without giving due celebration. He is one of my favorite composers, perhaps the most influential of them all. I never get tired of listening to his works, admiring their intensity and beauty, their drama and sublimity.

Beethoven's birth date is believed to be December 16, 1770.

I could write more about this great artist, but his works can speak for themselves.

Here are some vids:

Moonlight Sonata (1st movement); piano: Valentina Lisitsa

Cello Sonata #5 (3rd movement); cello: Mischa Maisky, piano: Martha Argerich

Symphony #5 (1st movement); Berlin Philharmonic conducted by Herbet von Karajan


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment