Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In the Bleak Midwinter

Christmas Tree ornaments, bulb and lights.

Regular readers of Paideia may have noticed that I've been dealing with a persistent illness for over a month now. It's not something that I've discussed at length here, but I've mentioned it in passing during the Weekly Wraps or when explaining why I didn't stick around longer at an art venue or show. Yet, this illness has made its presence felt by dramatically reducing my writing productivity, as I am constantly feeling fatigued, enervated, and generally debilitated.

This illness has also crashed the blog by keeping me from going out to events about which I would then write. I have missed out on dozens of interesting art show openings in the last month. I haven't even been to Bergamot Station since late October!!! And my Pacific Standard Time explorations have ground to a crawl, although I do hope to have a PST post sometime in the next few days.

Well, why am I going all "drama queen" and writing about my illness today? There are two reasons. First, I want to get this out in the open to explain why I'm not covering the Los Angeles art scene as diligently as I had previously done. Second, I wanted to alert you all to the fact that I might have to reduce my productivity even further, due to extremely overt signs that something is very bad with my health. I hope to get checked up today and, hopefully, given some medication that will fix me up good and fast.

Christmas Tree ornaments, rocking horse and lights.

There are too many exciting and engaging events to miss out on because of some nagging, hacking malaise. ;-)

Sorry to bring up such a downer of a topic in this time of holiday cheer. Here are a few carols by way of apology.

"Coventry Carol" performed by Loreena McKennitt

"In the Bleak Midwinter" performed by Chanticleer

"'Twas in the Moon of Wintertime" performed by the Cambridge Singers

"Silent Night" performed by Enya


Enjoy!!!

(BTW, I'll update my condition in the Weekly Wraps.)

No comments:

Post a Comment