Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Flowers: Damned Yellow Composites!!!

Asteraceae: Call it an aster, call it a daisy, or call it whatever you want. It's just a DYC!!!

No poem for today. I spent all my free time this morning attempting to classify this flower!

I think of Paideia as a light-hearted education blog, generally with an "arts" focus. I like provide interesting information to my readers. Sometimes, when I'm unfamiliar with a topic, I need to do a bit of research before posting. As regards flowers, I especially want to give proper identification so that readers can engage in their own research, perhaps to add something to their own garden.

Well, here's a post on "Damned Yellow Composites" which frustrate botanical categorizers to no end!!!

Asteraceae: Damned Yellow Composites!!!

Anyways, if you need some poetry, Rudyard Kipling was born on this date in 1865. I'm not a fan, so there ain't no way I'm filling up the front page with a gajillion lines of imperialistic "white man's burden" rhymes. ;-P

Yeah, it's been a rough day. :-)


Asteraceae: More Damned Yellow Composites!!!

Here are a few vids:


"Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling

"Gunga Din" by Rudyard Kipling


Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm .. at first I though it was calendula, but I don't think so! Guess it is just a DYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, them DYCs are tricksy things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete