Thursday, December 1, 2011

Be a Pepper!!!

Vintage Dr Pepper ad

We can't let the 126th anniversary of Dr Pepper go by without celebration. ;-)

My tastes in soft drinks tend towards lemon-lime flavors or root beer types, with colas trailing at the bottom of the list. The peculiar qualities of Dr Pepper make it an erratic candidate for my beverage of choice. Sometimes, that subtle tartness is refreshing, but, other times, the heavy aftertaste brings up the old prune juice comparison.

Nevertheless, when I'm in the mood for a soft drink, I generally consider picking up a Dr Pepper. It really is an interesting flavor, albeit not always to my liking. I'll almost always select it over Pepsi or Coke.

Drink a Bite to Eat (1946)

Regardless of my preference in flavor, I've always been entertained by Dr Pepper commercials and marketing campaigns. The vintage ads are especially fun.

What other soft drink has three scheduled drink times in a day? "10, 2 and 4 o'clock or anytime you're hungry, thirsty, or tired."

Vintage Dr Pepper ad

Let's look at some fun commercials:

Charge!!! (1960s)

Be a Pepper (featuring David Naughton & Popeye the Sailor)

Out of the Ordinary (featuring Godzilla; 1985)

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper: Mah Na Mah Na (2005)

"I Exist" Support Group with Santa & Friends (2010)


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment