Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Flowers: All America Rose

Rose: Love and Peace

New feet within my garden go --
New fingers stir upon the sod --
A Troubadour upon the Elm
Betrays the solitude.

New children play upon the green --
New Weary sleep below --
And still the pensive Spring returns --
And still the punctual snow!


It's been a while since I posted an Emily Dickinson poem. When I began poetry blogging back in April, I went a bit thick with her works. Seeing as how she's my all-time favorite poet, that was a predictable course of action, but I felt that I was overdoing it. Thus, I began showcasing more contemporary, lesser known artists.

But I decided to treat myself to some Emily for the holiday weekend. :-)

Rose: Europeana

In regards to the roses, I'm featuring a few that had been selected as "All-America Roses." It seemed appropriate for Thanksgiving.

No doubt, this'll be my last rose post for the year, as the Winter flowers take center stage. So, let's finish with a Knock Out. ;-)

Rose: Knock Out

Here are some vids:





Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment