Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dancing at the End of August

You Should Be Dancing by the Bee Gees topped the Dance charts in August 1976.

My baby moves at midnight
Goes right on til the dawn
My woman takes me higher
My woman keeps me warm

Wow! I almost forgot to post my monthly Dance Party. And this month has a fun and varied selection of songs. So, although it's a weekday night, here's some music to make you move. ;-)


Bananarama (Sara Dallin, Keren Woodward, Siobhan Fahey) hit the top with Venus.

"She's got it! Yeah, baby, she's got it!"


As usual, we start in 1971 and make a series of five year hops until 2006.

1971: Marvin Gaye, Mercy, Mercy Me (The Economy)




1976: Bee Gees, You Should Be Dancing




1981: Evelyn King, I'm in Love




1986: Bananarama, Venus




1991: C + C Music Factory, Things That Make You Go Hmmm. . .




1996: Love Tribe, Stand Up




2001: Abigail, You Set Me Free




2001 (extra): Alien Ant Farm, Smooth Criminal. Not a dance hit, but it topped the alternative charts. I couldn't decide between this song or Abigail's, so I'll feature both. ;-)




2006: Nelly Furtado, Promiscuous ft. Timbaland




Sorry for the briefness of this post, but I think that the music really spoke for itself this month. Good stuff!!!

"How many times have I called your name? Wondered if you hear me, see me. . ."

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment