Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weekly Wrap: Wednesday Night #2

Captain America Punches Hitler. It's the American way!!!

Here we are, wrapping up yet another week. I'm pretty happy with the ways things went over the past seven days. I've got the monthly post per day average back to a 1:1 ratio, which isn't great but isn't bad either. I met my three goals set last week in offering consistent Art posts, initiating Spooky Sunday, and starting to cover interesting community locations. Moreover, I've started the Paideia Los Angeles Art Guide.

It's been a good week. Hopefully, this upcoming week will be as good or better. ;-)


Cast Into a Rippled Mentality (2011) by Tran Nguyen

So, let's look at the week's features.

Our most popular post from the last week was Introducing the Paideia Hall of Shame, wherein we mocked Shaquille O'Neal for the horrific cinematic crime of Kazaam. In truth, it is a movie more terrible than I described.


Shaq uses the powers of the Dark Side of the Force to inflict anguish upon the viewers of Kazaam.

We had two "Art" posts. In Psychological Impulses Personified, I reviewed Thinkspace Gallery's exhibit "The Synapse Between Here and There" featuring the works of Tran Nguyen. The Schomburg Gallery's show "Beans and Bands" featuring the art of Celia and Wally Gilbert is reviewed in Conjunction of the Organic and the Mechanical.


Moon Beans Walking on Water (2011) by Celia Gilbert

I also covered two "Advertising" posts. First, in Fat Americans, I went on a righteous rant against the Captain American-Dunkin' Donut tie-in. Does Cap look like the type of guy to be munching down on empty calories? I don't think so!!! Then, in Cheese and Profanity, I mocked the loathsome Kraft Cheese Crumbles and there ironic utilization of the 1991 pop hit, "Unbelievable".


Fake cheese is YUMMY!!!

Our usual Friday Flowers took us to a Crimson Garden wherein we enjoyed the poetry of Honor Moore. Good stuff!!!


Crimson Garden

Our new weekly feature, Spooky Sunday, was initiated in Quis Est Iste Qui Venit featuring the classic Ghost story by M. R. James, "Oh, Whistle and I'll Come to You, My Lad." Haunting. . .


"Then, in the distance, a bobbing black object appeared; a moment more, and it was a man running"

In Leaving for Lomita Station, All Aboard!!!, we visited a railroad museum hidden away in the neighborhood of Lomita. We got to look at photos, antiquities, and climb onto the big Mogul engine. Chugga-chugga-choo-choo!!!!!


Lomita Railroad Museum

I sermonized about my enjoyment of the Blessing of the Animals ceremony in Blessings for the Beasts. I had the opportunity to see the event at Wayfarers Chapel and it was a charming experience. :-)


Saint Francis Preaching to the Birds (1299) by Giotto

Finally, we celebrated a few birthdays. In Voice of Light and Darkness, we wished soprano Dawn Upshaw a Happy Birthday.




And in Backwards and in High Heels, we commemorated the 100th birth date of the great Ginger Rogers.




Well, that's all for the week. I hope you had a good time. I enjoyed the writing and greatly appreciate your readership. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment