Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cavallino Rampante

Ferrari's Prancing Horse

Last week, I had the opportunity to see a Ferrari Club exhibition up in Palos Verde. It was quite a thrill. I'm not a "car person" but I can appreciate fine design and craftsmanship. The autos were awesome!!!

After my "incident" earlier this week, I'm going to be needing a new car. Sadly, these beauties are out of my price range. But I have an active imagination and great proficiency at dreaming. ;-)

Of the various elite luxury brand race car manufacturers, Ferrari is the one that captures my interest. Certainly, there are other fine cars that I admire, such as Bugatti, Jaguar, or Porsche. But the story behind Ferrari makes it stand out. From the origin of the "Prancing Horse" to the "quirkiness" of il Commendatore, Enzo Ferrari, to the thrilling races at Le Mans or on the Formula One circuit, the Ferrari story is a compelling narrative.


Ferrari 308 GTSI

Yeah, as an American, it's appropriate to belittle the "Pride of Italy", but, love them or hate them, you can't deny their fascinating history and their amazing automotive design.


I took a whole bunch of photos at this event. Here are a few.


Ferrari Dino 246


Ferrari Testarossa

There were many gorgeous vehicles at this show but this was my favorite!!!


Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

Here's a vid of the Challenge Stradale on a course. Awesome!!!




Fun stuff!!!

Here's Ferrari's Wikipedia page.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment