Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whippet! Whippet Good!

Photo of leaping whippet from the Whippet Club of Great Britain.
Although I am not a big fan of owning pets, I am very fond of dogs. I think that they are amazing companion creatures. Each breed seems to have a strong and distinct personality type. Consider the whippet. This breed is known for its gentle temperament, but energetic disposition. They are traditionally bred for hunting and running.

Personally, I admire their sleek appearance. Their long faces are extremely expressive. That's why this commercial caught my attention:




The unimpressed look on the whippet's face is wonderful. I actually dislike the ad because it feels very mean-spirited, but I can't help chuckling when the whippet takes off at the end. The guy is such a loser that even his dog abandons him.

Anyways, here's a vid of some whippets racing:




Here's the Whippet Wikipedia page.

And here's a link to the American Whippet Club.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment